Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Lake Tahoe Community College International Program

Wille Twuamsi Interview- Ireland Why study abroad and how did you decide on Lake Tahoe Community College? In America I have the ability to study what I want to. I had two years to figure out what I wanted to do for a career. I also had the ability to change my major if I decided the course I was on wasn’t the right one. Lake Tahoe Community College had a soccer program that allowed me to study while pursuing my transfer degree. I will be graduating in June 2017 with an Associate's Degree in Arts in Social Science and working on my post-graduation working visa. The instructors at Lake Tahoe Community College are very friendly. Attend classes, do your homework and you'll be on track for success. The coordinator is very helpful and is always there to navigate any issue that may arise. You get to practice events, meet new people from America and other countries, and learn a new culture. The college offers a ton of clubs for you to join. I am a member of the International Club that is very active on campus hosting multiple events quarterly to raise money for student scholarships. Outside of school there is amazing hiking in Lake Tahoe. People come from all over the world to ski our resorts in winter and hike our trails in summer. As a student living in the basin I am able to live where other people vacation. The summers are good and winters are ok if you like winter sports. Beach days are great and being able to walk around the entire town on a nice summer day is perfect. Eagle Lake and Fallen Leaf lake are some definite spots to hit if you decide to attend this community college- which I highly suggest you do!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter