Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

12 Week Small Group Classes

I studied at LTL this past summer 2015 for roughly three months and overall greatly enjoyed the program. The staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful, from day one I knew that I wouldn't have any problems with the program and if i did there was always someone to speak with directly face to face to resolve the issue. The staff arranged many dinners and trips such as hiking the Great Wall or visiting Tiananmen Square. I feel as though I learned a lot because of teaching methods that I believe is better than my university. Teachers at LTL take an active approach versus a passive one by encouraging you to practice what you learn in your daily life. I would recommend this program to anyone that wants to experience China while significantly improving their spoken and written Chinese, also be prepared to make some great friends its inevitable.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

4 weeks, small group, live&teach program

I studied for 4 months at LTL. The staffs and the teachers were friendly and very helpful. I had lots of fun learning Mandarin and meeting new people from all around the world. There were lots to see and many opportunities to experience Chinese culture. I was in the live&teach program and I still keep in touch with my host family. Overall, it was a great experience and really worth the time. I would definitely go back! 
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

2 week program and homestay

I just completed a two week program with LTL in Beijing. I can't speak more highly of the program. The one-on-one classes were great, and the teachers were really knowledgeable and engaging. I learnt so much more in the two weeks here than I would at home. The homestay family was also really good. I requested the same homestay family as last time I was at LTL. Not only do they cook great food but they also take the time to help me practice Chinese. I also have the freedom to come and go as I please. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend LTL to friends (and I have)!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

LTL Mandarin School - 4-12 week Small Group class / 6 x 1-1 sessions

I studied at LTL for 12 weeks in 2014. I can honestly say I had an incredible time here, surpassing all my expectations with regards to how much Chinese I learnt and making friends from all around the world. I benefited from excellent, experienced teachers who taught in an engaging way and ended up becoming more like friends by the end of my stay here. I would recommend the school to anyone looking to begin or continue studying Chinese at any point. 
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter