Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Interning in Shanghai

Hutong made my time in Shanghai so memorable. I learned so much Chinese and Marketing skills (I was a marketing intern) and also made many new friends from around the world! Hutong had many cultural activities each month and were such a great opportunity to meet other students. The cultural activities ranged from a simple tea tasting ceremony to a weekend trip to a nearby city. These activities were always so well organized and structured, and such a pleasant experience for all! I was scared to be alone in Shanghai, but after my first week I was never alone! I had friends in the apartment I was staying as well as friends at work. Hutong has been absolutely amazing.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Hutong School Shanghai - Internship Program

Hutong School is a great program if you are looking for a 360 assistance and guidance from the day you apply to the day you depart China. All program coordinators are very nice and helpful. The school will help you with the visa process, find housing for you, and find a good internship for you. Chinese classes are very professional, all teachers are experienced, which makes classes very productive. If you opt for taking a group class, it will probably be max 5 people. Over summer I took group classes, and the group was just 2-3 people. The school organizes 3-4 cultural events each week that you can sign up for and learn more about the culture and visit different sites in Shanghai with a local guide. Social life is amazing!! You will meet so many AMAZING people and it will broaden your horizons beyond your expectations. Hutong has students from all over the world. I came to Shanghai alone and was very worried about not finding any friends, but in Hutong you definitely don't have to be concerned about that :)) Housing options are very modern, I stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment and had my own bathroom. The company I was interning for this summer offered me a job, so now I am back to Shanghai, and I am still taking classes at Hutong and life in a school apartment. Overall, the program is amazing! You will be so so happy if you go with them!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter