Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Sol Abroad Granada

I really enjoyed this program, although it´s difficult to know if I would recommend it. Granada is a wonderful city, the program is a lot of fun, and the cultural activities are plentiful and wonderful. These three weeks have been a blast, and I´ve loved every second I´ve been here, although looking back, I don´t feel like I have learned that much Spanish. We took classes at the Universidad de Granada and one of my professors that I had was just horrible at teaching. I learned very little Spanish in class because of this. In addition, unlike what I expected, the program was in English. All of the excursions, all conversations with program directors and other students, etc. were in English. These were all really fun, and at times I appreciated being able to better understand what was going on, but I really did not like how un-immersive the program was. The only Spanish I learned was from my host mom. I really enjoyed the experience and had a blast, but I am disappointed with how little I learned while here.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Spain

2017, It was a wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone and everyone. The knowledge gained in the university during the classes everyday was massive and helpful as well as enjoyable. I would definetly try and come back to the program again in the future years.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Abroad: Granada, Spain High School Program

I had a very good experience with the Sol Abroad program. It gave me the confidence I needed to start practicing Spanish at home and it helped me see what Spanish culture was like. It was tons of fun and gave us enough freedom to explore and discover new places and people.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Abroad Spanish Immersion

Overall, I had a very good experience -- the administration was great and my host family was as well. All the activities were a lot of fun and I feel like I definitely got a sense of the city. Many of the other people on the trip were not at a conversational level, so I spoke a lot of english. I had expected the tours and activities to be in spanish as well, which they often weren´t and so it didn´t really feel like immersion. Outside of class and my host family I spoke almost no spanish. I got placed in a class that was too easy and so I was often bored, but the teachers were lovely and obviously that isn´t the fault of the program. All things considered, I really enjoyed my stay although I wish that the directors spoke more spanish and forced us to do the same when we had activities and cultural excursions. That being said, the activities and other kids were great and the social atmosphere was a lot of fun. I would recommend this program to others.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter