Trade Wind TEFL
Company (0-10 employees)
We run a TEFL school in beautiful Bangtao Beach on the island of Phuket, Thailand. TEFL training is done on location with teaching practice in local Thai schools and with local adult tutoring students. We give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local Thai culture and spend a busy 3 weeks working on your classwork, working with local school kids, traveling to nearby sites and lounging on the beautifual 5 mile beach. You'll graduate with a TEFL certificate that prepares you to teach anywhere in the world. Our certificate gives you the tools to teach English to students who are desperate to learn. We'll help place you in a teaching position so you can fund your adventure and make a positive difference to the lives of the people in Thailand!
On our course you will learn:
1) The structure of English, how to teach grammar and make it fun.
2) Learn about language acquisition, how students learn and methodologies.
3) The needs of children and how they develop.
4) How to be a good teacher: approaches, methods and elicitation.
5) How to manage a classroom: classroom arrangement, instruction, eliciting (to draw out a response from pupils by actions or questions), classroom discipline, establishing rapport, tips etc.
6) How to plan and deliver great lessons: lesson planning, lesson templates etc.
7) Warmers and coolers (a series of short activities to help introduce or consolidate a concept).
8) Teaching the 4 fundamentals of English: speaking, writing, listening, and reading.
9) Evaluation and testing.
10) Teaching different levels ie beginner to advanced students.
11) Teaching practice: you will teach classes with authentic Thai students
12) Help with your CV/ Resume` and secure a job offer in Thailand.