1. Requirements for foreigners to come to China for undergraduate study: have a degree equivalent to a senior high school graduation in China, be aged between 18 and 25 years old (subject to the requirements of the specific school of application), and be admitted to a university for undergraduate study for four to six years.
2. The applicant must be a citizen of a country other than Chinese nationality, hold a valid foreign passport, be in good health, be of good conduct, and abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the school.
3. If once a Chinese citizen, now a foreign immigrant, has acquired a foreign nationality status, a valid certificate of renunciation of Chinese nationality status is required.
Residents of mainland China (Mainland), Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who have immigrated to a foreign country and are applying as international students are required to acquire foreign nationality and cancel their Chinese nationality by April 30, 2016, according to the Ministry of Education's Education Foreign  83, and have a record of actual residence abroad for at least 2 years from April 30, 2016 to April 30, 2020 (actual residence abroad for 9 months in a year can be counted as one year, based on entry and exit stamps).
4. HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) Level 6 with a score of 180 and a vocabulary of 5,000 Chinese words is required.
HSK is an international Chinese proficiency test for non-native speakers of Chinese (including foreigners, overseas Chinese and Chinese minority candidates). HSK (Basic), HSK (Elementary and Intermediate), and HSK (Advanced), which is held regularly every year in China and overseas. The Chinese Ministry of Education has established the National Chinese Proficiency Test Committee, which has full authority to lead the Chinese Proficiency Test and issue the Chinese Proficiency Certificate. At present, there are 860 test centers for the Chinese Proficiency Test worldwide, including 530 overseas test centers in 112 countries and 330 domestic test centers in 71 cities.
5. A letter of admission issued by the university in China.
6. Applicants for master's degree must have a bachelor's degree; applicants for doctoral degree must
The applicant must have a master's degree, and the recipient of a bachelor's degree can also apply for a doctoral degree in science and technology directly.
7. The original and a copy of the "Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Coming to China" (Form JW201 or JW202) issued by the relevant unit in China (both documents are also required for those who apply for short-term study or further training and stay in China for not more than 6 months)
Application documents for foreign students to study in China
1. Fill out and submit the Application Form for Foreign Students to Study in China printed by the Commission.
2. Strictly carry out physical examination according to the items listed in the Health Certificate printed by the Commission and provide the official health certificate from the hospital; those who fail to pass the examination cannot come to China. If you find that you do not meet our health standards after coming to China, you should return to your home country within one month and pay for your own travel expenses.
3. Copies of relevant academic documents and transcripts with notarized English or French translations.
4. In addition to the documents required for 1, 2 and 3, advanced students applying for the art program should also provide letters of recommendation from two teachers with qualifications of associate professor or above. And provide the following materials of myself.
Those who study art history should submit the relevant essay; those who study music should submit a 30-minute recording of vocal or instrumental performance; those who study art should submit three works or six color photos of their works; those who study composition should submit one work.
5. Undergraduate students applying for art majors should submit the same application materials as advanced students, except that they are exempted from submitting letters of recommendation from teachers. Those who study art history should submit a review or an article about art, and are exempt from submitting an essay.
6. Make sure have all the documents authenticated by the Chinese embassy
1. Login the school where you need to apply, fill out and submit the Application Form for Foreign Students to Study in China printed by the Commission online.
2. Submit the application documents to the enrolled school by courier or other means (Take Peking University as an example below)
3. Application Form for Admission of International Students to Pre-University of Peking University Submit and print the application form, sign and paste photos after successful online application.
4. Original high school graduation or pre-graduation certificate, if the original is not in Chinese or English, a Chinese or English translation must be submitted at the same time, and the translation must be notarized by an authoritative notary or embassy in the country.
5. Original high school transcript, if the original is not in Chinese or English, a Chinese or English translation must be submitted at the same time, and the translation must be notarized by an authoritative notary or embassy in the country of residence.
6. Personal statement (please click to download the template: personal statement, please fill in Chinese or English).
7. 2 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from your high school lecturer or class teacher, and the other can be from a recommender of your choice, no rank requirement.
8. A copy of your passport, which must be an ordinary passport valid beyond July 2021.
9. Application fee of RMB 400 (please pay directly in the online application system; applications without application fee will not be accepted; application fee is non-refundable regardless of acceptance or rejection).
10. Applicants who have studied in China from elementary school to high school, please fill in the application documents clearly and submit transcripts (copies are sufficient) from the period of study in China.
11. Non-required documents: including but not limited to SAT/IB/A-Level/ACT transcripts, transcripts from your home country's college entrance exams, proof of awards, HSK transcripts, other proof of Chinese language proficiency, etc. that are deemed helpful to your application (copies are sufficient).
12. Wait for the school review notice
13. Applicants who pass the application review will be accepted to take the comprehensive test. The method and time of the comprehensive test will be notified in advance.
14. Wait for the admission notice.