Summer Study Program at Penn State University
Students completing 10th, 11th, or 12th grades may enroll in the 6-½ week college credit program and students completing 9th, 10th, or 11th grades may enroll in our 3 ½-week enrichment program. In addition to the 75+ college courses to choose from, 6 ½-week students in both programs also enroll in non-credit enrichment courses of their choice. All students have full use of our state of the art Penn State athletic and recreational facilities, including 48 tennis courts, 36 racquetball courts, 2 18-hole golf courses, 15 basketball and volleyball courts, indoor and outdoor Olympic size swimming pools, as well as endless amounts of fields for softball, lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, ultimate frisbee and flag-football. Each night of our programs, students are able to take advantage of the “Ultimate College Town,” which is located across the street from the college campus. Students attend movies, concerts, dance clubs, ice skating, stand up comedy shows, mini-golf, bowling and just about anything teenagers enjoy! Weekends are spent off campus visiting, viewing, and touring other colleges and universities to help in the college decision-making process. Our College Counseling Center and Kaplan SAT Review are tow unique components Summer Study Programs and allow students to receive the attention they need prior to entrance in the college of their choice.
HighlightsFull access to Penn State Facilities including:
- 48 Tennis Courts, 2 18-Hole Golf Courses, 36 Racquetball Courts, 2 Indoor Ice Skating Rinks, 2 Outdoor Street Hockey Rinks, 3 Indoor Pools and a 150-foot Outdoor Pool where they hold the NCAA swim meets, Penn State even has 2 parks with lots of hiking trails and a beautiful 72-acre lake where we go out to the beaches! , There are dozens of indoor and outdoor sports complexes throughout campus for basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, lacrosse and field hockey.
- You can take a tour of Beaver Stadium, the 2nd largest football stadium in the country with a seating capacity of more than 107,000!!! It’s pretty amazing to see the inside of the locker rooms, press boxes and the sports museum that’s in the stadium!”
We offer clinics in:
- Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Ultimate Frisbee, Tennis and Golf
Plus students have the opportunitiy to visit college campus's in NY and Washington D.C. including:
Syracuse, Cornell, Ithaca, George Washington, John Hopkins, and the University of Maryland
And don't forget about our daily activities which include:
- Pick-up games, Pool Party's, Dance Clubs, Ice Skating, Rock Concerts, Live Sports, Bowling, "Broadway Show", Movie Nights, Go Karts, Mini Golf, Hypnotist, Comedians, Talent Nights, and so much more.....
What`s IncludedOur programs offer a wide variety of college-credit courses, enrichment classes, daily sporting events, intensive sports clinics, special events, evening activities and weekend trips to preview other schools and universities. The benefit of joining a Summer Study program provides students with the ability to separate themselves from their high school peers. Don’t miss out…Join a Summer Study program NOW!
Other Programs From The Same Provider
State College, PA, United States
Health and Safety
Provider:Summer Study Programs
- United States: State College, PA
School type:High School Study Abroad, Student Tours
Duration:2-4 weeks, 5-8 weeks
Participants:American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African, Worldwide
Cost:vary depending on length of stay