Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Ielts

Recently i spent four weeks in Oxford at OISC. I chose to go to this school, because I had previously done some studies there and I had been very pleased with the school, the teachers and the activities outside school. My stay was divided in two and I did mainly english training to improve my english in order to get a high mark at the ielts exam. During the first week I had some group lessons in the morning, which was quite entertaining. In the afternoon I had on-to-one lessons with a teacher, who had obviouvsly teached other ielts students, and who was aware of how to tackle the exam the most effectively. After these two weeks I had the feeling I knew how to tackle the exam the most effectively, and what the examiners were expecting for a high mark. After classes i did some activities with other students. I really appreciated this because I could do something completely different to my studies and enjoy myself with students of my age. In the second two weeks I did some mock exams in the morning, as well as some intense studies with my teacher in the afternoon, who guided me through the steps to follow for a high band at the ielts. The parts I struggled with the most were writing and speaking, but soon my results of the mocks improved and I really felt I was improving. After these four weeks I was pretty tired of all the studying, however I felt confident towards the real exam I took a week after returning to Germany. Last weekend I recieved my sensational result of 8.5 (having started at around 6) and I felt relieved. I am happy to have gone to OISC this summer and without their help I would never have achieved this great result.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter