Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Lovely Experience to Share.

My first time in Africa, and what a wonderful experience this was! There are a lot of projects in Africa, but you must do your research to find a good one. And trust me this one is! When I landed on the airport a driver was waiting for me, it was a 3 ours drive to the wildlife centre, there I was welcomed with open arms. From the first moment I felt like home. What a nice place and lovely people! My first week started with the Wildlife Rehabilitation Course, this was their first rehab course and I am happy that I joined it! If you want to know and learn more about wildlife and rehabilitation, this course is a great opportunity. I really learned a lot in this week. A few things we did: food preparation and feeding techniques, animal behavioural observation, making enrichment for the monkeys, orphan handling and feeding, assisting with health checks (with vervet monkeys darting (with a blowpipe and dart pistol), traveling to Kyabobo National Park (to see the group of released vervet monkeys) and a lot more!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Great Program Experience

If you are thinking of volunteering abroad then look no further. I had a fantastic experience... I loved the place so much I've stayed! The teaching on anICT project is excellent. The Hos fantastic as is the accommodation and support. If you want to get a taste of Africa without the hustle and bustle then Ho Volta Region-Ghana is the place for you. A thoroughly enjoyable 3 weeks project. What was a typical day at the project? I would usually get up early and head to KK House, sometimes there was time for a walk beforehand. Breakfast and shower before taking the bike route to school. What did you find most rewarding? The most rewarding for me was integrating a little boy with some difficulties into the English class until he was positively excited to be there and join in. He didn't read or write well even in his own language but with any written work being prepared for him in a dot to dot form he was soon sailing though the lessons and asking for more! What did you find most challenging? The most challenging was to make an impact in 3weeks, the time span is short so you need to invest preparation time to ensure pupils enjoy the classes whilst learning. What advice would you give others considering doing this placement? Take lots of stickers and blu-tac, the kids are fascinated by it and you find however big a ball of the stuff you use to display work the next time you look only a minuscule part remains! Stickers are great to reward, as were balloons. The older kids enjoyed role play, although a bit nervous at first they really got into character. There written work is generally good, as is there spelling but the fluidity of speech and sentence structure was a gap area and if it could be continued that would be fantastic.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Awsome experience

The area in which I was teaching was beautiful. The resort is on a beach fringed with palm trees and set within half an hour drive of a few towns where there are lots of markets to eat and shop. There were also many small restaurants along the road off which the resort was set, meaning that I could easily walk to get amazing food nearby. The Keta is also within a short ferry trip of of Keta beach where I went scuba diving on a couple of the weekends which was amazing!" Kesey - 2016
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter