Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Amazing host, incredible experience

I cannot speak highly enough of Selene and her family. So kind, generous, loving and inviting. We hit it off the second we met and it was difficult to leave. Selene's passion for helping others is so inspiring. The children at Rust Stasie were absolutely beautiful and I quickly formed bonds with many of them. They are such happy kids and always have big smiles on their faces. I volunteered at the school for two weeks and helped with maths, science and p.e. The children were so attentive and just wanted to absorb and learn as much as they could. I think Selene has really helped them to realise that their education is the best chance for them to live a successful life. They loved learning games from me such as uno, whats the time Mr. Wolf? and spud, playing with my hair, taking pictures with my phone, listening and dancing to my music and seeing all my travel photos. I had such a great time here and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to volunteer with a truly honest cause.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Volunteering through one heart

I really loved working with students at the school and i could feel that im making a difference in there lives. One heart is doing a great job, and growing more and more every day. Its the best place to meet new people, give something to those who needs it a bit more. i would recommend one heart christian foundation to any one in South Africa and internationally if they want to give back to the community or apply for a good volunteering program. you learn more about yourself, about other cultures and a other way of living and giving back.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Felt at home right away!

I had an amazing time! I helped a lot and i felt part of the family. I got to know everyone very well and i enjoyed it so much! I taught 80 kids how to play chess and every day was something new! I helped out with english class and computer skills. It was a lot of fun!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter