Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Writing in Ireland

I went on this program in 2015 after researching several of UNO's summer study abroad programs and selected the Cork, Ireland program as it had the most course offerings that were applicable to my majors-- English and Film & Theatre. A month was the right amount of time in Ireland. By the end of the trip I not only felt familiar with Cork itself but I was able to create bonds with my classmates that I may have not formed in a shorter time frame. As an older, nontraditional student, I appreciated the diversity in the student's and, in general, this program attracts more mature students, regardless of age. Academically, I felt like I was getting the same quality education as if I was studying during a regular semester. I also appreciated the mix of free time and scheduled activities, which allowed plenty of time to socialize with students and professors alike as well as experience the country on my own. I highly recommend this program, especially for students searching for an intimate writing workshop experience. I gained so much from writing in a different country surrounded by writers from different schools, ages, and backgrounds. That, to me, was invaluable.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter