Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Academic Explorers Winter Program review

When I first read the reviews about this program on various go abroad review sites, I didn't believe it was real. Having spent a lot of time online, I was used to the fake reviews for infomercial-esque web products, but confounded as to how a go abroad program could've gathered so many good reviews. So I researched the program more and spent dozens of emails back and forth with Sabrina who runs the program. After more questions, I took a Skype call with Sabrina and by then I was definitely sure the reviews weren't fake and Academic Explores was something I'd like to do. And boy was I fortunate to not have disregarded the program because I thought the reviews were fake ... The time I spent in Beijing on Academic Explorers has been some of the most rewarding, challenging and interesting period of my life. I went from speaking very little Chinese to in 3 months being able to have good conversations with local Beijingers I meet in my daily life. I hadn't done any serious martial arts before I came to the program, but 3 months later I knew several different types of martial arts and half a dozen different martial arts routines. Those are the tangible things I learned when on the program, more importantly is the intangible things I learned when spending 3 months in Beijing on the program. I changed drastically as a person to the better, became more independent, more open to others, and generally a more healthy, happy person. All in all, I would recommend Academic Explorers to those who truly wants to improve themselves. This program is not for everyone. It is for those who are not content with being alongside the chumps of the world playing the world at standard pace. If you are want to work hard, learn crazy amounts and become a better person, Academic Explorers is the best thing out there.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter