Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

We had an amazing family experience as volunteers with Go Volunteer Africa in Kenya

We had an amazing family experience as volunteers with Go Volunteer Africa in Kenya. We loved the whole experience and we miss the time with the local kids. My wife and I decided to travel with Go Volunteer Africa after reading so many positive reviews from past volunteers. Of course we had a few reservations since this was our first time to travel abroad with our little children 5 & 9. We wanted to visit and explore Kenya but did not want to go as just tourists. While visiting, we wanted to experience the culture and give back if we could. Go Volunteer Africa’s Paul organized everything we were looking for as a family. Cultural immersion, a chance to meet new people and make friends, a great place to stay, and affordable safari deals. This trip was worth every penny! Herbert (the head of in-country staff) is such a wonderful guy and we promised him to leave a positive review because of the fabulous work he does. He was helpful, always a pleasure to be around and he has an amazing touch towards children. Maddie and I cannot thank you enough for such an incredible time. Choosing to travel with you was and still is the best decision that we made last summer and we shall do it again next summer. We highly recommend this organization for family volunteer experiences due to our personal positive experiences with them! They are local, so they know where they need the help. Our kids learned a lot about themselves and the world outside.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Go Volunteer Africa is a legit volunteer travel company.

Go Volunteer Africa is a legit volunteer travel company. I’ve just got back from a project in Uganda- can’t believe how quickly it went, the whole experience was amazing and I’m gutted to be home already. I’m already missing the crew out there loads, everyone got on so well and I’ll definitely be meeting up with some of them for a night out soon. The place itself is like something out of a film- unbelievably beautiful and the weather is bloody amazing- which meant the night parties were very cool! Even working at the school which I thought would be boring was an unexpectedly mind-blowing experience- the culture is so different from what any of us were used to but the people were legendary- really friendly and so appreciative of our work. Would definitely recommend Go Volunteer Africa and no problems in terms of organization.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter