Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

So Much to Learn on one of the Most Beautiful Places on Earth

There is so many good things to say about Achill Field School. Achill is one of the most beautiful places you can visit. With beaches, mountains, and sprawling coastline, there are plenty of places to visit in the evenings and on weekends. If you have any interest in archaeology, I would recommend this field school. Achill has a wide range of archaeological features from Neolithic through the modern era. They offer programs from two weeks to six weeks so you can choose the program that best fits your interests and schedule. I participated in the six-week program. The accommodations are inviting, clean and comfortable and conveniently located steps away from the school's lab and library. After a long day of excavating, the house is a place that you enjoy returning to to relax. The entire staff is welcoming, friendly, and willing to help with whatever you need. The site director, Eve, in combination with the other experts that come to the school for a lecture or workshop and the academic director Theresa, the experience is both educational, interesting, and a lot of fun. I learned so much about Irish archaeology and methods of archaeological excavation in the six weeks I was there that will be invaluable to my future academic plans. In the six-week program, there is a great balance between field work, lab work, and in-class learning. Being on site is a great experience and the weekly field trips enable students to learn about the surrounding area as well. I loved my experience with Achill Archaeological Field School and would recommend it to anyone interested in archaeology, Ireland, or Irish history.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter