Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

I learned as much as the students did!

My students were so fun! I was nervous about teaching English because I have never taught before, and honestly, I didn't even like the idea of speaking in front of a group of people. The training was helpful and the weekly meetings where we could discuss uncertainties helped me get through the first few weeks. The classes were great fun and the students were great. Most of them were lawyers or social workers looking to keep learning and get ahead in life. They made me laugh and helped me get used to life in El Salvador. It was a great experience of getting out of my comfort zone and trying something new. I also took Spanish classes in the morning, so between me taking and giving classes and going out with students or co-volunteers I was never bored. I got to do some great hikes and see lots of new things too. I would love to come back if I have the time again! Now I feel much more confident I can do new things and make friends anywhere! Not to mention all the grammar rules I learned and opinions about important life topics. Sending my best to everyone at CIS!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter