Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Amazing experience!

My experience at ACT was nothing short of amazing. A small campus and personalized classes with lots of support from their awesome staff made my adjustment to Greek living seamless. I would highly recommend the summer program, and my advice would be to participate in all of the extra excursions!! Such a great summer that I will never forget!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

An end to an amazing chapter in my life

From day 1, this was an amazing experience. I made the best memories at the American College of Thessaloniki as well as in Thessaloniki. I made Greek friends and American friends that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Learning Greek was definitely a challenge, but was worth it in the long run. This program allowed me to view life in a different perspective, one that shows there is more to life than just knowing one language or staying in one place forever. Branch out, meet new people, learn a different language other than English, put yourself in uncomfortable situations, and you too will grow as a person.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Come to Greece a student. Leave Greece a sailor.

I recommend taking Sea Sailing while studying abroad at ACT. You get to be on a sailboat in Greece during sunset twice a week for three months!!! The class is rigorous at first and requires a lot of memorization. However, once you get the information down, it is smooth sailing from there ;) The professor, George, is great. He is knowledgeable and a good teacher - lets you work at things and figure stuff out on your own. Overall, a great experience and a nice way to spend your time in Greece!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Amazing three months traveling abroad

I loved studying abroad in Thessaloniki. ACT was smaller than expected and not very academically challenging. However, because of this, I was able to travel all over Europe and explore many parts of Greece. I went to four other countries, learned to sail, climbed mount olympus, and hung out on many greek beaches. Additionally, Thessaloniki as a city is great. It is filled with students and has delicious food, random antiquity everywhere, and a beautiful boardwalk. It is important to know and understand that Greece is in an economic crisis. It is not shiny and clean - closed businesses and stray animals. Also, Thessaloniki is a city, not a Greek Island. If you have the right expectations you will have an incredible time abroad in Greece!!! It is so beautiful and sunny and delicious :)
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Want an awesome summer? Come to ACT!

I don't often find school that offers study abroad programs on my field (Culinary Arts) so when I was applying to study abroad i decided that I would like to learn a new language and in a country where I can enjoy the summer by the ocean somehow. When I saw that my school offers a summer program to Greece I didn't hesitate to apply and it was by far one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. As a travel lover Greece was great in so many levels. I learn the Greek language which is very hard, I enjoy the best of the Mediterranean cuisine which means a big deal to me since I want to be a Chef, and I could see so many different places in a short period of time. I would totally recommend ACT for whoever is thinking to study abroad in Greece.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sailing Abroad

I would recommend this sailing course to anyone who is interested, no matter the skill level. Even with previous experience, I learned so much and I feel comfortable sailing on my own! The size of the group was perfect and I really enjoyed the fact that there were 3 local students in our group. I felt safe at all times and I felt that I was being taught the right way, not the easy way. I have been inspired to continue my sailing education and I am excited for the day that I sail a boat on my own!!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

ACT Summer Program

The experiences I have had through ACT have been truly amazing and unforgettable. From the great classes to the service learning opportunities, ACT has helped me grow as a person and has expanded my perspective on the world and its people. I definitely recommend studying abroad with them in the beautiful city of Thessaloniki, Greece!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Best Program in Greece

The Summer program at ACT is unique, and was an amazing experience. The staff is kind and helpful, and professors are very attentive and ready to help. Thessaloniki is also a great city, and is one of the safest cities in Greece. The apartments are clean, and a cleaning lady comes in weekly to clean. The food was amazing, and the people are all very nice. Would highly recommend!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

My First Time Ever Abroad!!!

Thank you so much! This was my first time ever studying abroad and I am thankful I was able to have this opportunity. I met so many amazing people, and traveled to some of the islands. This was an amazing experience and I am glad I got to spend it with some of the most amazing people. I had a lot of fun and reflection and I will definitely come back to visit this amazing country.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Study Abroad in Greece

I loved my study abroad semester in Thessaloniki! The American College is definitely a good way to experience Greek culture without a significant language barrier. While most of my classes were dominated by non-Greeks (many are from the Balkans/other areas) it was fascinating to learn from their different cultures. Thessaloniki is a great student city, very safe and always with something to do. I definitely recommend studying for a semester in the second-largest city in Greece!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sailing Class at ACT

Sailing at ACT was definitely an experience I'll never forget. It was scary and challenging at first, but I can now say that I learned to sail in Greece, and I am certified to sail anywhere in the world. The views from class were amazing in themselves, and it was cool to say I've sailed the Aegean. We did a full day sailing trip and that was fun to plot a course and get there in order to use the skills we had learned. While this course is not the easiest I have taken at ACT, and stressful at times, I am glad that I did it.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

A Real Cultural Experience

Do you want to travel every weekend? Do you want to experience Greek culture and history? Then this is a program to consider. ACT provides many opportunities to experience Greece through organized weekend trips and activities. Plus, you live in an apartment in a residential area, so you aren't confined to a college bubble. The classes aren't very hard for the most part, which is actually good if you want plenty of time to explore the city and travel on weekends.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Best 3 Months of My Life

This was one of the best experiences I have had! ACT is a great school with professors who care about your academic success. There are a lot of clubs, activities, sports, and service learning opportunities to get involved. The student body is so diverse! You will meet people from all over the world here. There's more than just studies here, though. Thessaloniki is a young, vibrant city with a lot going on. If you are here in the fall, you will get to experience the International Film Festival, see the Christmas decorations and experience Greek Black Friday. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us ยป

Subscribe to the Newsletter