Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Inti Wara Yassi - Ambue Ari. Life changing experience

I have volunteered at Ambue Ari three times now and I know I will be back. The first time for two months, then four and finally 8 months. The time I spent there was really magical. I don't know of anywhere else where you can responsibly spend time with such incredible animals. All of the animals there are treated with the utmost respect and dignity. Each animal's daily program is tailored to their particular needs and wants. Over the time I have spent at Ambue I have formed a relationship with a number of animals but most notably with a pair of pumas. These two girls, 'the sisters' as they are know, were rescued when they were very young and have spent their whole lives in captivity, there is no hope for successful release unfortunately. During the time I spent with them I was able to gain their trust to some extent and I believe we forged a relationship based on trust and respect, admittedly mainly my respect for them and their trust for me but none the less special for it. Our daily walks through the jungle are cherished memories that I will never forget. We don't claim to change the world, just the world for each animal we take in, as our organisations President likes to say. And I truly believe this is the case. We give each animal we take in the chance to live out their lives in as natural conditions as we can give them and they are respected as the wild predators they are. Gaining the trust of these animals is a truly beautiful experience. I would recommend this program to anyone wanting to work with animals and challenge themselves. No one who has been there will tell you that it's easy. The living conditions are pretty basic, we don't have hot water, we have limited electricity and the mozzies love to make life tricky. But it is so worth it. Another bonus is the people you meet there will be your friends for a long time to come. I have met people there that I know will I will keep in contact with for the rest of my life.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Amazing

CIWY is an amazing charity that cares for wild animals that have come from difficult circumstances and can't be regimes. I spent time at both Ambur Ari and jacj cuisi, but went with a UK organisation called quest overseas (who have been helping the project out for many years). Although the accommodation is basic (very basic especially at jacj cuisi) the Atmosphere is amazing and you really get to know the other volunteers, and most importantly the animals. Everyone must chip in with camp management, there is normally some construction work that needs doing. The most important thing is that you get assigned to a particular animal(s) based on your experience and length of stay. You really get to know that animal individually as you spend the majority of the time with that animal. It is an amazing charity and you will not regret your decision to go ☺️
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Parque Ambue Ari Bolivia

Anyone travelling through Bolivia or South America should visit Parque Ambue Ari. Nowhere else in the world will give you the experiences and insights you can gain here.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter