Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Loved the social and professional involvement I had in Vietnam

It was an overall well-rounded experience having my internship done through SE Vietnam. The host company I was connected with has been welcoming, friendly. Thanks to them, I have been able to experience a lot of different elements of the company’s cultureand learn practical knowledge of the organization’s culture in particular and of the business environment in general. My supervisor has given me constant feedback during the course of my internship and said that some of my research into potential donors and other youth initiatives in climate change adaptation has been very beneficial to the company too. Would I recommend the internship to anyone interested in Climate Change in a developing country? Definitely!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

An experience that every student should have during time in university

The experience of studying abroad in Vietnam certainly was not easy for me but I have no doubt that it was tremendouly valuable. At first, I actually had a lot of culture shocks, due to language barrier, sometimes it was hard to communicate with Vietnamese people. However, they were very kind and took well care of me especially my classmates and program coordinator. Classroom equipment is fully supplied with a good condition. However, the schedule is quite busy and I have to try my best to find my own time to study. Some industry visits were excellent but some irrelevant to the course. Overall I think it is an experience everyone should undertake during their time in university.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

An internship in Vietnam is my ticket to see the world!

At first, I was very nervous because it was my first time in Vietnam, but Student Exchange Vietnam (SEV) made me feel that I made a right decision to come for an internship here. They will not let you feel away from your home as they will treat you not just like a student intern but as a part of the SEV family. I never felt alone as they are always there to guide and support me during my internship despite of the culture differences. Now that I’ve been working for two months already, I have learned a lot more and made some very POSITIVE changes. Its not hard anymore, and I am having the best time in my work. Everyday, I meet different people from different cultures whom I can learn many valuable things from. Meeting them and knowing that they have enjoyed their cruise with us makes me feel relieved. Sometimes the work is tiring, but when you see your guests happy, it makes you happy too. That, I think, is the greatest thing about work so far. My internship in Vietnam is just half way so it is very promising that there is till a lot more to learn, and for me, everyday in Vietnam is a new lesson.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

My Engineering Internship in Vietnam

I feel satisfied about the services provided by SE Vietnam while I was here; almost everything was sorted out before arrival so there was definitely no messing around with organizing things. The accommodation they provided me was good but I personally prefer one that is closer to my place of work. During my internship, I got on well with my co-workers and my supervisor and they were there to help. Regarding my responsibilities in the company, I felt like even though it was not the most critical work, it sure was of great use to the company. If there is one thing I would recommend them do for the new interns the next time was to have them go on a welcoming tour to show off the office facilities e.g toilet, kitchen appliances available etc which makes it easier for them to navigate around the office. Beside this, I think I am overall very satisfied with my internship placement and the services provided by SE Vietnam and I would highly recommend it.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

My Nursing Internship in Ho Chi Minh City

The Nursing Placement I had in Vietnam was exceptionally fulfilling, including the support from my Nurses, Coordinator and Local Buddy. All of whom made me feel very welcomed during the time I was here. The on-site support I received was brilliant, every query I had was answered promptly and professionally and the service was everything I could have asked for. Besides observing, I was also able to use my skills as a nurse, from helping nurses with drug rounds, administering medications, injections and intravenous injections infusions, wound care and management of wounds. The techniques used are very similar to clinical skills I was taught in England, as it was very easy to adjust and get to work. I think the most important things concerning my organization in my work environment was safety and that I enjoyed and seek all fulfillment in the placement. I appreciate SE Vietnam for providing a great service of support and the opportunity to meet wonderful people. I highly recommend this internship to anyone who is interested since it’s a great way of meeting new friends, experiencing new culture, food and language.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Interesting journey of studying in Vietnam

The coordinators and local buddies were the best people I have met during my time in Vietnam. They were always available and never hesitated to help: when I wasn’t feeling well, when I found something confusing and needed explanation. I'm not sure my experience in Vietnam would be so fulfilling without these people. Personally, I preferred a little more flexibility and time during the weekends to explore further part of the city and to research and investigate the final project. However, the activities overall were good and informative.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

So much to learn from a journey

My greatest learning experience abroad was learning from the local buddies and my peers. No words would be able to describe how much I have learned in Vietnam. Everyone I had the chance to work with, all the local buddies and the program coordinators, moved me with their dedication to the program and to us. I can honestly say that those past weeks taught me a lot more than all those time I spent at UCSD. I will never forget the first day I arrived here; this beautiful country and the welcoming atmosphere from the very first step off the airport. I was amazed by the traffic, at how everything moved so perfectly and everything is so structured, like everything just comes together so perfectly.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Memorable journey of internship in Vietnam

I was extremely satisfied with the overall service SE Vietnam provided before and during my 3 months Hospitality Internship. They assisted me in every single task, from getting my visa and mobile phone to helping me during my trip to Ha Long Bay. I took my internship at Pan Pacific Hanoi, where I was given clear instructions about the responsibilities & rules expected to accomplish & follow. I received on-the-job training from my supervisor, who gave me invaluable lessons working in this industry: Being attentive and talking with the guests as much as possible. The company also provided a lot of opportunities for on-the-job training with other employees so we could learn and grow together. From my overall experience, I strongly recommend this internship with SE Vietnam for my friends or anyone who is interested in doing an internship in Vietnam.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Valuable experience of internship at SE Vietnam

I had a great time with my home stay. The people have been extremely helpful in helping me navigate through the city and experience Hanoi. As for my internship, the staff has been very supportive and encouraging. I was challenged and encouraged at the same time while working for the company After only a few days there, I had already got along with my colleagues, a young, energetic, and sarcastic bunch who truly care about the company. It definitely felt like a team at the office. I know that I could discuss any questions I may have with them, and they always had the patience to let me learn along the way. The experience that I had at SE Vietnam was very helpful in getting a better idea of what I want to pursue after I go back home to the U.S., and my journey in Vietnam, made possible by SE Vietnam, is definitely a valuable and memorable experience. Vietnam is undoubtedly a beautiful country, with its breathtaking nature and tropical beaches, but what really makes Vietnam feel like home and a place that I have become fond of is the people, the friends that I have made along the journey.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Wonderful people and experiences in a wonderful country

I highly appreciate all who helped organize my internship in Vietnam last summer. I am thankful to SE Vietnam for finding me the best placement that I could ever dream of, and for being so considerate and responsive during my entire time there. I am grateful to my supervisor and all the coworkers at my host organization as they were so loving, responsible and supportive. But for all of these people's support, my holistic learning experience in Vietnam would not have been that worthwhile. I would definitely recommend this internship in Vietnam program to anyone that is interested in doing an internship abroad.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Invaluable and unforgettable experience in Vietnam

My time there last summer was so amazing that I could hardly put my emotions into words. I had a life-changing and invaluable experience, even more than I had expected. I learned so much from my nursing internship in Vietnam that will help me very much in my future. Moreover, the life experience I learned, through adapting to another culture, traveling alone to beautiful places and having a sense of home here is something I’ll never forget. The people here left such deep footprints in my heart that I'll remember for my whole life. Vietnam, the country and people are beautiful, and I am so happy I came here. It inspired me to always follow my dreams, no matter how big they are, and that I can do anything.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter