Our Reviews

Participant Reviews

Sol Education Abroad: Granada, Spain

Sol Education Abroad: Granada, Spain was a great program. The directors help emersee you into your experience and they are very inclusive and knowledgable about Granada. 2019
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

My semester in Granda

This is a great city to study abroad in if you want to learn Spanish because it’s so much cheaper than all of the other cities in Spain, and we have tapas! This is a well organized program. We have a good amount of activities, but sadly we don’t visit Madrid or Barcelona which is something I hope they add. All of the Sol Instructors were kind and I didn’t have any problems. Id reccomend studying here
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Such a beautiful experience!!

I loved this program and experience! You not only learn a lot about the country and its culture but also about yourself. My host family and program directors made my experience so rich and unique! Will forever be grateful for this opportunity!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Great Experience

I loved this program. The excursions were well organized. There were a lot of opportunities provided to interact with Argentinians, and the program directors were amazing and were always there if you needed something. They also knew everything about the city and were always able to answer any questions you had on tours or excursions. There was also plenty of time to travel the country on your own if you wanted to!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Go abroad!!!

SOL Education Abroad provided me with one of the best experiences of my life. Their team is AWESOME, and they had such a fun agenda planned for us students; they do a great job getting everyone involved and immersed in the history, culture, and life of the city you're staying. In the program, you meet an array of people from all over the world and make some forever friends-- not to mention a second family if you do a home-stay! There's not a single thing I would change about my experience with SOL Abroad!!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

I'll be back, Costa Rica!

My experience in Heredia, Costa Rica was one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life. There is no better way to experience another country than to be living with a family and interacting with locals on a daily basis. Costa Rica is filled with so many beautiful places and people, and I will definitely be back to visit in the future. The classes were fun and interesting, and I really enjoyed all of our excursions. I stayed in Costa Rica for six weeks, but if I could do it again, I would stay for 9 or 12 weeks. My Spanish has really improved, and so has my confidence. My experiences here in Costa Rica have changed my life. ¡Pura Vida!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Program Review

Sol was beyond my expectations. All excursions were well planned and I always had a great time. Classes were like any other university and I enjoyed them most of the time. The experiences I had were life changing and I will never forget them. This has been the best time of my life becuase I have tried so many new things and made life long friends. I would definately recommend studying abroad
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Amazing, very affordable program in beautiful Granada!

I actually did this program in 2018, but that was not an option to select! Going to Granada with SOL was definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made, and has been the highlight of my college career. I have been here for 3 months, and enjoyed every minute of it. Classes are held at Unversity of Granada´s Center of Modern Languages, and can be taught in spanish or english. The professors are all very kind and fun to be around, and make being part of CLM a very fun experience. Apart from the immeasurable beauty of Granada itself, my favorite part was definitely living with my host family. My host mom is so sweet and caring, always has a funny or interesting story to share, and is a fantastic cook to top it all off! Living with a host family is definitely one of the greatest reasons why my spanish has improved so much, as we only speak spanish in the household. It is a great immersion experince, while not being too overwhelming at all. I highly recommend studying with SOL in Granada to any student looking to study in Spain. The directors are great and very helpful, and it is one of the most affordable programs I could find in one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been in! :)
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education Abroad

It was a great experience. This program provided everything I could have needed. The excursions give you a great feel for Spain. They matched me with a fantastic host family that cooked great meals and I had a lot of fun with. The language school was not very time consuming or difficult allowing plenty of time to enjoy oneself!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Dank nuggs

My experience with SOL was awesome. Everything and everyone, from the team in Austin to the team in Granada was extremely helpful in preparing me for my adventures here. My host family was incredible, the people I met are incredible, the food is incredible and seeing everything here is just everything I expected and beyond. 15/10 would reccommend.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Study Abroad

My time in Granada and in Spain was amazing. I saw countless cities, artworks, and met great people from all over the world. My only suggestion would be a deepr immersion experience, which would include speaking more Spanish. Especially when I am with my fellow program members. That being said my Spanish has improved a lot and I really have cherished every moment that I have been here.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education granada

Overall it was a great experience and the coordinators were very helpful. The experience with my host family was great.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Costa Rica: A life changing experience

I have absolutely loved my experience in Costa Rica!! The people and culture have been wonderful and the scenery and wildlife are incredible. The education I received was amazing. I learned so much in the three months I was here. Before this program I was really scared to speak up in class and try talk to people in Spanish. I feel so comfortable now having conversations with and learning and understanding from native speakers. I think this program has made greatly prepared me to graduate with a Spanish major and to speak Spanish more comfortably in the workplace and beyond. I felt like the educators, directors, and the Tico family I lived with really cared about my health and well-being. They were all very kind and willing to help with anything I needed. I have made so many wonderful memories in the time I was here. I went on this trip with new people and have come out with lifetime friends. The experiences learning and exploring the countryside, cities, beaches, mountains, volcanoes and all of the other amazing places Costa Rica has to offer will stick with me for the rest of my life. This trip has definitely changed my life for the better, and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn Spanish.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

SOL Abroad, Costa Rica

The growth in my spanish is amazing! I’ve had a wonderful time in Costa Rica. Not only did I absolutely love my host mother but my program directors and professors were amazing. They really made my study broad a pura vida experience
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Costa Rica La Pura Vida

I remember, vividly, the day I arrived into the beautiful country of Costa Rica like it was yesterday. From the outset, I was approached by many taxi drivers at the airport asking if I needed transportation. Because all students had already received specific directions of where to go to meet our coordinators, I declined their offers. They all caught me by surprise when they responded the exact same way: a smile followed by the words "pura vida". Little did I know at that moment, those two words over the next few months would become an integral part of my existence. I arrived at my host family's home late that night. I remember it was dark on the way there, everything was completely foreign to me, and I became extremely nervous when the van slowed down and the chauffeur told everyone in the van that this was the first stop. Meaning out of the eight of us that arrived on the same flight and became somewhat familiar with each other over the 20 minute ride to our neighborhood, it was time for the first student to meet the people that they would be living with for the next 4 months. We came to halt, a bald, tan man approached the van, greeted our driver, and peeked his head through the window, and said "Dónde está el capitán, Colin?" I grabbed my backpack and before I could shut the door, Javier, my host dad, shut it for me. I extended my hand to introduce myself and he gave me a hug like we had known each other for years. He and his family were so welcoming and good-natured that my nervousness disappeared instantaneously. Because of this family, each member with their own unique character and charm, my home-stay experience was truly unforgettable. I will say my trip would not have been the same if it wasn't for the directors of the SOL education program in Costa Rica. Janiva, who proved to be such an invaluable resource to every single student that she came in contact with, is an insightful woman whose energy will rub off on you instantaneously. Jessenia is the fun-loving, extremely approachable tica who always is there to help. Angelica, whose smile will light up the room, will make you feel so relaxed because of her natural friendly vibes. Because of these leaders who were so passionate and willing to go the extra mile, I think I can speak for all of the "SOL-mates" that our time together was such a positive and life-changing experience. The superlative organization and flawless execution of the countless excursions we went on is unheard of and goes to show that these directors are, without a doubt, professionals. After every expedition, whether it be to the volcanoes, the beaches, the jungle, the hot springs, the cooking classes, the beautiful resorts, the different food markets, the zip-ling or the white water rafting( I could go on and on of all the different adventures), I would think to myself "how did I get so extremely lucky to end up here with all of these beautiful people, all with unique stories and backgrounds with whom I still to this day keep in touch with, in all of these places that I would never have dreamed of reaching and exploring". The few descriptions of the excursions on SOL's website do not do justice to the quality and quantity of journeys that you will embark upon. I will end this review here because the nostalgia is kicking in, and I might end up buying a plane ticket to Costa Rica because of all the reminiscing. Studying abroad in Heredia, Costa Rica made me better person - my spanish improved drastically, I saw places that took my breath away, I ate the world's juiciest fruits and tasted coffee that brought tears to my eyes, I befriended so many cool, goofy, and strong characters, and above all, I now know what it means to live "la pura vida". If you are reading this and contemplating whether you should go or not, do yourself of favor and sign up. Pura vida mae.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Great Experience - 5 weeks perfect amount of time for me

I loved my time here and all the wonderful places I got to explore and see! When I first arrived in Granada I was surprised because it was not what I expected but I grew to love it dearly and will be very sad to leave! A great authentic place to study abroad.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Excellent

I would definitely recommend this program to all students! I enjoyed everything about Sol Education Abroad. There is not a negative thing I have to say. The program directors are very nice and helpful and the host family I stayed with was the best!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Your SOL experience

SOL was an amazing program and I'm so happy I chose them out of all the different programs out there. I had a great host family that treated me like family. It was difficult to get used to at first, but I really started to feel like I belong in spain. The program has amazing directors that respond to your needs immediately. The activities were so much fun. No regrets!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education Abroad

Sol Education Abroad is an amazing program! Would recommend this experience to anyone interested in Spanish Immersion. My host family and the different cultural activites made my time here in Granada.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Summer I: Granada, Spain

I loved Spain it is a beautiful country and sol is very organized. You have a busy schedule with classes in the morning, fun cultural activities in the afternoon and plenty of time to go out at night. Make the most out of your time and explore the city every chance you get no matter how bad your feet hurt from all the walking. Get ready to walk a lot every day.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education Abraod

This program thoroughly immerses their students in the Spanish culture with amazing and fun activities as hiking in the Sierra Nevada or experiencing hundreds of years old history.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education Abroad- granada spain

Every aspect of the program was great from how helpful the professors and program directors in helping me improve my spanish language skills to the numerous preplanned excursiones and activities that helped me better see the cultural and historial aspects of southern Spain !
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

One Month in Granada

Studying aborad with Sol was great! My favorite part was how involved they were prior to the depature. There were consistent emails and phone calls to be sure that we were on track to successfully making it out here to Spain. Upon arrival, the sweetest faces and most helpful people were here for us. Actually! It wasn´t one of those situations where they tell you that you can come to them with any siutation and it will be okay, they were for real very understanding and responsive at all times. They were happy to work around your schedule to attend cultural activities you wanted to and to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I was the biggest fan of the professors here, but the directors and helpers of Sol were great. I am happy to of had this experience under my belt.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Fun program!

I had a great time in Granada with the SOL program. The excursions are so well planned and executed! I had the time of my life.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education Abroad: Granada, Spain

The program was both extremely fun and rewarding. My spanish skills improved noticeably, and I had the opportunity to experience a culture completely different than my own. The classes were taught well and were interesting for the most part, and I feel like I learned a lot both inside and outside of the classroom. My host family was kind and inviting, and I genuinely felt at home while staying with them. All in all, I would definitely reccommend studying abroad with SOL.
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety

Sol Education Abroad

SOL is hands down the best program for studying abroad in Spain. The directors are SO helpful and there for any advice or questions that you might have. Being in a foreign country sometimes isn´t the easiest thing, but SOL will absolutely make sure that you have the best experience possible!
Overall rating 
Experience
Program Administration
Living Conditions
Cultural Immersion
Social Life
Health and Safety
Unable to load tooltip content.

About HelpGoAbroad

We showcase the best programs, countries and institutions in the world, so whether you are interested in interning abroad, studying abroad, working abroad or simply traveling or living abroad, we have your back.

More about us »

Subscribe to the Newsletter